Thursday 19 May 2016

Sheds vs Polytunnels

I feel even more guilty. I sit and think of you all out there patiently waiting with baited breath and rolling eye for the next gripping instalment of my pointless blog, and I feel a pang, and empty prod in my expanding gut, which I'm guessing is my internal mechanism telling me to update it.


I did promise some profound background research, and if I'm honest, I've actually done loads, but compiling it and condensing it for consumption is proving trickier time wise than I imagined.


As a teaser I'm going to post this truly excellent link to one of the best Polytunnel vs Greenhouse arguments I've found so far. It truly is a treat if you are looking to make a decision.


https://www.firsttunnels.co.uk/docs/whichisbest.pdf


There are so many benefits to both.... on balance, I think I'm veering towards greenhouse, but essentially I'd be happy with both.


Of course, it really is all moot as I don't have a fucking allotment or garden, and am not likely to for some time. In the meantime I've been playing poker online, a game I'm quite successful at (at the micro and small stakes level).


And in fact just this weekend I turned an $11 ticket into $2002.48 by winning a Pokerstars tournament. I gave the cash to my girlfriend with a bit more, as she hasn't had a holiday in years, and asked her to book us a nice holiday...


So my time isn't being entirely wasted! Problem is if I don't occupy my brain I get myself into large dilemmas such as...... greenhouse or shed? I mean, I've made my bloody mind up but now I'm wondering if a shed would be better....


What would I do with a shed? What kind of shed - keeper would I be? Would I be a chintzy owner, with duck egg blue detailing, a nice kitchenette inside, posh chairs and crockery....?


.....or would I bee a more muddy-booter, shoving my shite in there at a moments notice to get maximum wine drinking time when I get home? (I suspect the latter, but would love to be the former)


I'm reeling with structure envy right now. Every allotment, garden, or shed centre I drive past stirs deep emotional longing in me, as I drool and pine for what could be....


It's going to be a bloody long wait, this, waiting for my allotment to become free. My little plot. My secret space.


Bear with me, and share my pain, won't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment