Wednesday 15 June 2016

Oh lament, lament, la....wait; what?

I've been thrown a bit of a curveball.


I expected/hoped to stretch out this blog into something vaguely suspenseful, dotted with comedy moments here and there, as I lamented my lengthy wait for a plot, and obsessed over everyone else's structures, plots, raised beds, and anything else vaguely horticultural. I had planned out a series of articles about what I'd do here, and the trial and tribulations of deciding to use raised beds or open ground growing, the type of produce which would feature, and in what quantities....


....but then this happened:





....but I'm not ready?!?!

I am nowhere near ready? I have no tools, no wellies, no anything?

I haven't even been practising the smug grin that I would assume anybody who is accepted for an allotment would be sporting for the following few weeks(until the reality of the hard work kicked in)

I haven't bought dungarees, a wooly hat or gloves? I haven't really thought this through at all....

I'm not ready!!! I'm...I'm....fuck aye, I'm ready...

Dammit! I was born ready.

Bring on the dirt!!!

Pics to follow of the hugely unexciting load of mud early next week!




No comments:

Post a Comment