Tuesday 26 July 2016

A heap of shite

I cannot be the first, nor will I be the last to use this tired old joke, but today I'm off to somewhere I found on freecycle to pick up a load of manure. I'm not ashamed to use that pun, oh no. You cant take it away from me, it's my first time and I'm exploiting it to it's fullest extent!


Anyway, it comes in sealed bags apparently! How very posh for poo.


So naturally, rather than taking the works van, I'm taking my car and am going to fill it with as much as possible, which I'll dump on my plot later.


What could possibly go wrong? In fact I'm that confident there won't be any air pollution in the car, that I'm taking my good lady friend with me as I wont have time to drop her off first....


I'm such a catch!


*guffawtle*


(nb: If you are unsure about the above word, it's somewhere between a guffaw and a chortle. Think George from Rainbow - that's a Guffawtle. Zippy is more of a guffaw. A guffawtle is not quite as committed as a full on guffaw, but it's somewhat less controlled than a chortle.)


So anyway, this evening is basically comprised of a load of shit, followed by unloading a load of shit. I'm making somewhat steady progress on the plot, all rubbish having now been cleared and I've now dug over approx. 1/4 of the plot. It was, to be honest, pretty backbreaking work especially in the 28c heat of the weekend - but do you know what, it felt good. I like the feeling of doing hard work. Without a shadow of a doubt, I'll undoubtedly be looking back on this post in future years laughing at how naiive I was - but for now, even digging is enjoyable to me. It's all new, and shiny(or shitty) and exciting.


I've pretty much decided on the positions of certain things on the plot - and I will furnish this blog with some long overdue pictures this evening....


Of, amongst other things, heaps of shit.


In the meantime feel free to let your imagination run like a forgotten bath....


D x











No comments:

Post a Comment