Tuesday 12 April 2016

An allotment blog....with no allotment?!?

This has the potential to fail in a manner the kids nowadays may refer to as "epically". I mean; on the face of it an allotment blog by someone who has neither an allotment or anything to share knowledge-wise doesn't have an awful lot to contribute.


And I guess that's right.


However, I've set this up now, as I've formally put myself on the waiting list for an allotment in Stevenage and have been reliably told that I'm 13th in line for a Plot on Almonds hill.


So while I whittle the hours away in steadfast patience, waiting for that magic email to drop into my inbox confirming I've moved up to premier position, I thought I should document the reasons behind applying for one, try and convey the profound sense of frustration of waiting for one, and also try and drop in some funny anecdotes.


I might, along the way, link to some other blogs and articles which I've found of particular interest, until I'm able to provide some 1st hand experiences and photo-progressions....


I do have one more blog: dj-bonsai.blogspot.co.uk in which I've chronicled some of the musings and ramblings of my early bonsai growing career - I'm hoping that at least some of my basic level horticultural knowledge will give me a little jemmy-up once(if I ever) am allocated an allotment....


So here's to the future....I don't know how this story will end, but you can rest assured I will deliver a seedy plot at some point in the future...











No comments:

Post a Comment